Franklin Templeton Celebrates LGBTQ+ Inclusion
Franklin Templeton’s Pride business resource group (BRG), in partnership with the firm’s specialist investment managers, hosted 21 events in honor of Pride Month, celebrated around the world each June.
“Pride Month is a time to celebrate our diversity and embrace our true selves,” said Ianna Obligar, Associate Program Manager, Global Programs, and Pride BRG Global Lead.
The theme for this year’s events was “better together” because it was the first time in two years that employees could celebrate together in person.
A Month Full of Events
Pride Month celebrations at Franklin Templeton included 21 events open to all employees, including:
- A focus on finances with a panel discussing the challenges the LGBTQ+ community faces in their financial journeys, a session in Canada about how to have the money talk with a partner, and a workshop with MetLife on financial tips for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Activities for allies, such as a networking lunch in Poland, a guest speaker in India about how to be an effective ally, and a London event on what allyship means for trans inclusion.
- Sessions for parents on fostering appreciation for diversity in your home, plus a guest speaker on gender and sexuality in Polish education.
- Social hours, coffee chat breaks, drag queen bingo and a charcuterie cooking demo.
- Work-specific events, such as a discussion on pronouns in the workplace and a training on how to work with the LGBTQ+ community.
About Franklin Templeton
Franklin Resources, Inc. [NYSE:BEN] is a global investment management organization with subsidiaries operating as Franklin Templeton and serving clients in over 155 countries. Franklin Templeton’s mission is to help clients achieve better outcomes through investment management expertise, wealth management and technology solutions. Through its specialist investment managers, the company offers boutique specialization on a global scale, bringing extensive capabilities in fixed income, equity, alternatives, and multi-asset solutions. With offices in more than 30 countries and approximately 1,300 investment professionals, the California-based company has 75 years of investment experience and approximately $1.4 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2022. For more information, please visit www.franklintempleton.com.