Mae Ward Educational Trust, Fifth Third Bank, Trustee, Awards 2023-2024 Scholarships
15 Students from Local High Schools Share $28,000 in Scholarships
BOYD COUNTY, Ky., May 8, 2023 /3BL Media/ - Thanks to Mae Ward, 15 local high school students and graduates have additional financial resources to help fund their collegiate experiences. The recipients will share $28,000 in scholarships in pursuit of their academic and professional dreams.
Mae Ward was a schoolteacher in Boyd County, Kentucky, for 43 years. During her career, she observed many students who earned good grades and were active in their schools, churches and communities, but who were unable to secure scholarships. Based upon an idea from another scholarship trust, Mrs. Ward established her trust for students who are graduating or who have graduated from Boyd County, Kentucky high schools
Recipients of the Mae Ward Educational Trust Scholarships must possess outstanding character and promise as reflected by their record of service to their neighbors, community, family and their reputation for honesty and integrity. They are required to have attended high school in Boyd County, Kentucky for at least three years preceding their application and have applied for acceptance at an accredited college or university.
They must maintain a cumulative grade point average between 3.0 and 4.0, computed as of the end of the first semester of the year of application. They must also achieve an ACT score of 20 or higher. Scholarships are awarded annually to current high school or college students who are attending, or are alumni of, Boyd County High School, Fairview High School, Paul G. Blazer High School, Rose Hill Christian School, or Holy Family Collegiate High School. The 2023 scholarship recipients are:
From Boyd County High School:
- Emma Sparks
- Dalton Hale, graduated in 2022, and attends the University of Kentucky
- Olivia Parsons, graduated in 2021, and attends Asbury University
From Paul G. Blazer High School:
- Sydney Clark
- Aubree Hay
- Gracie Madden
- Kinsey Duncan, graduated in 2022, and attends Morehead State University
- Hope Harris, graduated in 2022, and attends Morehead State University
- Alyssa Tygart, graduated in 2022, and attends Marshall University
- Clare Huff, graduated in 2020, and attends Morehead State University
- Katie Hutchison, graduated in 2021, and attends the University of Kentucky
- Caleb Tackett, graduated in 2021, and attends the University of Kentucky
- Chris Thornburg, graduated in 2021, and attends the University of Louisville
From Fairview High School:
- Alex Wessel
- Rachel Hanshaw, graduated in 2020, and attends Morehead State University
Congratulations to this year’s recipients of the Mae Ward Educational Trust Scholarships.
About the Foundation Office at Fifth Third Bank
The Foundation Office at Fifth Third Bank, National Association, also serves as trustee, co-trustee or agent for more than 300 private and corporate foundations that grant millions of dollars annually to worthy charities across the United States. The foundations support a variety of causes, from education to the arts and from basic-needs organizations like shelters and counseling centers to environmental projects and animal rescue. To learn more about The Foundation Office at Fifth Third Bank, please visit: www.53.com/foundationoffice.